8 Nov 2013

Nigeria: Why Actresses Prefer Married Men - Bose Arowosegbe-Naijaswap

Bose Arowosegbe, a native of Arigidi Akoko, Ondo State, has come to pitch her tent with the very best in Nollywood. Having started acting in 2003 she shot into limelight in 2008 with her sterling lead role in 'Kareni Barin' and affirmed her arrival on the scene as a 'made star' in 'Anikisaya', a flick that earned her the alias with which she is known in the industry today, and thereafter went ahead to record string of successes with her own productions.
In this chat with Weekend Groove, the Business Studies graduate of LASPOTECH talks of her sojourn in the movie industry; her beliefs and a lot of other issues. Excerpts:.
How did you find your way into the movie industry?
I didn't start out as an actress, I started out as a video vixen in 2002 before I was introduced into acting at the insistence of an editor named Jide Bambo. He was involved in movie production and music video production. It was as a result of his influence I veered into acting.
What was your first film and how was it like?
It wasn't much of anything because it was a two-scene cameo. The film was "Akamo" and I played the role of an angel. But after that I think I caught attention of some people and it started the flow of other jobs coming my way.
Which film would you say launched you into limelight?
My break or what I can call my break came about in 2008 with my own production. The name of the film is "Kareni Barin". It is a story of betrayal, loyalty and trust. The film teaches that it is sometimes necessary to keep friends in spite of their treachery and disloyalty. But before that I had also played a lead role in "Eni Mi".
What are the challenges of making it in the Yoruba sector of the movie industry?
The biggest challenge is patience, having to wait for your own time. Then there is the issue of seniority when some people older than you in the industry expect you to accord them some docile kind of respect, like, not addressing them on a first name basis. These people expect you to call them "aunties" even when you are older than them in real age.
Nigeria
Don Jazzy, Wande Coal At War?
Rumours have been making the rounds that Don Jazzy and his former protégé, Wande Coal, were at logger … see more »

No comments:

Post a Comment